Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Verse of the Day - Sharon Esther Lampert

Sharon Esther Lampert rather modestly describes herself as the sexiest creative genuis of human history.

Sharon apparently holds a poetry world record of 120 words of rhyme from one family of rhyme. I found this on a discussion site and have no way of verifying its truth.

This poem about the Iraq War served to remind me just how this conflict has slipped from memory, given the considerable number of Middle Eastern conflicts lining up to take its place.

The poem is thought provoking albeit rather short on the mental word pictures I usually look for in poetry.

But right now there are far more important things to think about than blood on the sand; such as following Sharon on Twitter.


Sandstorm in Iraq by Sharon Esther Lampert



Dust is Blowing

Blood is Flowing
Dead are Worming
U.N. are Groaning
French are Moaning
Bush Gets Going
Protestors are Crowing
Osama bin Laden is Unknowing
Saddam is Forgoing
Muslims are Cheering and Jeering
Weapons of Mass Destruction are not Unfolding
Insurgents are Slowing
U. S. soldiers Keep Going
Democracy is Growing
Women are Showing
Elections are Easygoing
Freedom is Holding
Peace is Plateauing
U.S. deficit is Owing
Oil is Glowing
Memorials are Knowing: 2,100 Dead, 16,000 Wounded (11/2005).
When the Dust Settles down upon the Blood-soaked Earth where
Sacred American lives were Sacrificed and Slaughtered for Security:
Freedom from Terrorism:
Was the Iraq war fought for naught?

4 comments:

  1. Arrogance is off-putting (perhaps I'm just jealous. I want her waistline), but the poem's a good reminder of the war that continues.
    xoRobyn
    PS What's a family of rhyme? I didn't know there are world records set by poets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha Robyn - I know I have no clue what a family of rhyme is, take care, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't call her poem "genius," but, like Robyn said, it is a good reminder. I'm also jealous of her waistline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. with you Samatha - yeah I'm jealous of her waistline, lol...

    ReplyDelete